Home Post-Education Greek Programme ALSO
loader

Who's Online

We have 196 guests online
Banner
Programme ALSO PDF Print E-mail

ALSO

Obstetric emergencies require a systematic approach and thorough understanding of the principles involved in dealing with them. The Greek ALSO ® program provides training in obstetric emergencies and has two main objectives: to deal with emergencies with specialised manoeuvres s and avoidance of unnecessary interventions.

Undoubtedly the skills to deal with these situations are developed through continuous training and experience.  However, equally important is the ongoing update (theoretical knowledge) and training with practical workshops, case-discussions, simulations, videos and algorithms that the ALSO (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics) course provides.

The manoeuvres taught in the course are evidence-based, while the procedures followed in the labour room should be the result of proper implementation of clinical guidelines. The  ALSO course encourages the existence of mechanisms to monitor clinical practice through audit.

The course is taught by Greek instructors, including obstetricians, midwives, paediatricians and general practitioners. Their presence is important because it emphasizes comprehensive care of pregnant women from the team.



ORGANISATION:

National University of Athens,  Aretaieio Hospital, 2nd Department of  Obstetrics and Gynaecology  
Chair: Professor G. Creatsas, MD, FACOG, FACS, FRCOG (a.e.)

Project  Managers ALSO(GR):
Professor A. Malamitsi-Puchner, MD
Lecturer N. Vrachnis, MD, DFFP, CertMedEd

THE GREEK ALSO PROGRAMME SECRETARIAT

Vas. Sofias 124Β, Athens, Greece

Τel.: +30 210 7789211, Fax: +30 210 7777390

email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it / This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it / This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

 
PDF Print E-mail

COURSE DESCRIPTION

The ALSO course lasts for two days and aims to develop knowledge and skills to deal effectively with emergencies during pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium.  All the health professionals who deal with the mother and child can attend including obstetricians, gynecologists, pediatricians, anesthetists, general practitioners and midwives.

Around 65% of the time is devoted to practical exercises with mannequins involving obstetric emergencies. Here the participants actively perform the necessary steps.  The remaining 35% of time is spend on case discussions, counselling and communication stations and videos with commentary and lectures.

 

Read more...
 
History-Fotos-Books-Also PDF Print E-mail

sem26

Read more...
 


 
Banner
Banner